It happened on January 22, 1833, that the first official educational institution of the newly restored Church of Christ in this dispensation was organized. It began with 14 original members; was founded by revelation, and administered under the authority of
the keys of the Apostleship. It would operate only about 3 months, but the principles that founded it bear sway down to the present day. What was it called—The School of the Prophets, and this is that story.