In the Fall of 1845 the Quorum of the Twelve announced that the LDS would leave Nauvoo in the Spring. Henceforth Nauvoo became a bustling place of preparation. They had to be outfitted physically; wagons and supplies, and spiritually; obtaining their temple blessings. The Latter-day Saints labored from April of 1841 to April of 1846 to complete the Nauvoo Temple. Their faces were turned westward.