In July of 1847 Elder Orson Pratt placed this guide marker for President Young and those who would follow after into the Salt Lake Valley. The arrow of course, points west to the Salt Lake Valley. In 1848, the Church was in a state of transition. The Saints were scattered from Winter Quarters to Nauvoo and beyond. Now that the place of headquarters had been found in the Salt Lake Valley, the challenge now became moving the saints and the headquarters there. This episode of History of the Saints is about the Brethren’s efforts to point the Saints west, get them there, and keep them there.