It happened on January 22, 1833 that the first official educational institution of the newly restored Church of Christ in this dispensation was organized. It began with 14 original members; was founded by revelation, and administered under the authority of the keys of the Apostleship. It would operate only about 3 months, but the principles that founded it bear sway down to the present day. What was it called? The School of the Prophets, and its purpose was to prepare men for greater service in the ministry. This is that story.